Mystery Escapade, Train Express to Tibet
Highlights: This tour fulfills your dream exploring the holy city of Lhasa, the spiritual places of the mysterious Tibetan prostrate religion and the ridges of peculiar Himalaya views. During this trip, you will enter into mysterious Potala Palace, the resort of Norbulingka, and various shrines and monasteries, where you truly experience the holy evidence of Lamaism and historical culture of 13 centuries.
Tibet Travel Permit: Policy Changes & Feasible Solutions
From May 2012, Tibet Travel Permits will only be issued to groups of 5 or more persons with the same nationality, traveling on the same flight/train/vehicle from the same city to Tibet.
Click our Tibet Tour Group List to find your countrymates to join the group or start a new group.
- Day 1: Arrival/Xining (D)
- Airport to Hotel Transfer (Xining), Kimblum (Ta’er) Lamasery
Arrive in Xining, meet and transfer to the hotel. Afternoon City Tour in Xining including excursion tour to the UNESCO site: Kimblum (Ta’er)
Lamasery - the home of the major religion of Yellow Temple in Tibet. Welcome dinner tonight.
- Day 2: Xining/Lhasa (B L)
- Provincial Museum, Residence of General Ma Bufang, Great Mosque, Hotel to Train Station Transfer (Xining)
In the morning, we’ll visit the Provincial Museum. Then take the tour to the Residence of General Ma Bufang - a warlord in the
1940’s, and the Great Mosque, with over 600 years of history. This evening, we’ll board the Express train for Lhasa and start our adventure
- Day 3: Lhasa (D)
- Train Station to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
The Tibet Railway runs 1,956 kilometers from Xining to Lhasa and is the world's highest and longest railroad built atop a plateau. You will be called
to get up early for the Early Morning Sun Raising on the train. It gives great breathtaking pictures just like you are traveling in the sky-space.
Arrival at Lhasa Railway Station in the evening, meet and transfer to the hotel. Dinner at hotel and remains for freshen up and adjust the higher
- Day 4: Lhasa (B L D)
- Norbulingka, Potala Palace, Tibet Culture Dance Show
Morning visit Norbulingka, the Jewel Park and Summer Palace for Dalai Lhama. It is a big courtyard planted with many trees with lakes and
pavilions, beneath the trees, the fresh airs led the holy monks to realize and arouse the further understanding of philosophy. Afternoon visit
Potala Palace - the UNESCO world heritage sites (constitutes together with Jokhank Monastery & Norbuglinkha). Dinner out and enjoy the
Tibet Culture Dance Show.
- Day 5: Lhasa (B L D)
- Jokhang Temple, Barskhor Street, Sera Monastery
Morning visit the golden-roofed Jokhang Temple - Tibet’s holiest shrine. It was established 1,300 years ago, and houses a pure gold statue of
the Buddha Sakyamuni brought to Tibet by the princess. Afternoon and trolling and shopping along the Barskhor Street - a Tibetan Bazaar, and
pilgrim circuit area. Then visit Sera Monastery - the third largest but only the temple with an open monks kitchen for visit, and its hundreds
monks perform debating with each other at the temple courtyard under the trees in the afternoon. If time available we visit to a Tibet Hospital or a
- Day 6: Lhasa/Chengdu (B L D)
- Hotel to Airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Chengdu), Dujiangyan
Transfer from the hotel to Gongar Airport for flight to Chengdu. Afternoon we have an excursion to Dujiangyan, the ancient dam and the magic
water control system - a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Day 7: Chengdu (B L D)
- Giant Panda Breeding Center, Sanxingdui Museum
Today’s highlight is the visit to the Giant Panda Breeding Center where you’ll see this lovely creature up close and learn its habitat and
evolution. Then we tour the mysterious Sanxingdui Museum. The huge number of excavated bronzes really bring the world a puzzle of the Chinese
history. It is another UNESCO world heritage site. If time available we visit Local Tea House and Pavilion of River View Garden.
- Day 8: Chengdu/Departure (B)
- Hotel to Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Transfer to the airport for departure flight. Service ends.
Thank you for choosing China Travel Designer.
We wish you a fantastic trip and wonderful memories.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.View price and availability
From May 2012, the Tibet Travel Permit can only be issued to an organized tour group including five or more travelers with the same nationality and traveling together to Lhasa.
1. The above quotations are for reference and subjecte to change. Effective date: April 01, 2012 to November 20, 2012.
2. Due to the road conditions, weather, and availability of hotels, local guide may adjust the program accordingly.
- 6 nights hotel with buffet breakfast at hotels:
1 night at Xining Qinhai Hotel or similar;
3 nights at Lhasa Brahamputra Hotel or similar Dingxin Hotel;
2 nights at Chengdu Tibet Hotel or similar ;
- 1 night at Xining/Tibet Express Train Soft Sleeper (4 people share a cabin of 4 sleepers);
- Sightseeing with lunch & dinner listed in the above itinerary;
- Professional English speaking tour guide service in each city;
- Round trip airport/hotel/Train Station transfers in each city;
- Airfare Lhasa/Chengdu and Express Train Soft Sleeper Ticket Xining/Lhasa including tax;
- Arrival Xining & Chengdu Departure flights & International Airport Tax;
- Personal expenses & gratuities to guides, drivers, porters.
Find the Best Deals
Budget (per adult):
Please select destinations:
Select more destinations: