Holy Namtso Lake Discovery
Highlights: A feast for eyes includes all sorts of fascinating places such as Potala Palace - Lhasa’s cardinal landmark, Jokhang Temple - "Buddha’s House”, viewing the breathtaking scenery and feeling serenity of Namtso Lake. Be away from city noises and take a trip to your heart.
Day 1: Arrival/Lhasa
Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
Land at the airport, transfer to Lhasa and check in.
It is about 60 km from Gonggar Airport to Lhasa and it will take 50 minutes’ drive. Tourists may enjoy seeing villages with Tibetan characteristics at the roadsides and the Yarlung Tsangpu River, the highest river in the world.
Day 2: Lhasa (B L)
Potala Palace, Sera Monastery
After breakfast, guided sightseeing with the Lhasa’s cardinal landmark - Potala Palace. This massive 13-soreyed building used to be the highest building prior to the early period of last century, used to be the former winter abode for the Dalai Lamas. It looks incredibly magnificent from a distance and could be viewed from various places around the town. As the nation’s supreme relic, the palace dates back to 7th century A.D. In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Sakya Yeshe, a disciple of Tsongkhapa. The “Buddhism Scriptures Debating” in Sera is very famous.
Day 3: Lhasa (B L)
Jokhang Temple, Norbulingkha
After breakfast, you will be guided sightseeing of the most revered religious structure in Tibet - Jokhang Temple. Jokhang, the most sacred temple in Tibet, refers to “Buddha’s House” in Tibetan language because the main statue enshrined is said to be made by Buddha Sakyamuni himself in his lifetime. Jokhang Temple is the convergence of Tibet’s Spiritual and secular life, like Mecca for the Muslims, here you can meet all the tribes from Tibetan plateau. The surrounding market is called Barkhor, one of the most important religious paths, which also assembles people for shopping. In the afternoon, we will take a visit of Norbulingkha, the summer palace of the Dalailama.
Day 4: Lhasa/Damshung (B L D)
Around 8a.m drive 170km to Damshung County. On the way we’ll visit geo-thermos. Check in Pema Hotel.
Day 5-6: Damshung/Namtso (B L D)
Cross Lhachen La Pass (5180m), on the pass the view of Namtso Lake is spectacular at the east corner of the lake there’s a small guesthouse, and the north of lake is Tashidor, a hermitage cave. Camping.
Day 7: Namtso/Reting Monastery (B L D)
From Namtso Lake drive upstream to Phodo Chuto. En route visit Reting Monastery (4100m), constructed in 1056 by Dromtonpa, the student of the great Bengali Budhdhist Master Atisha.
Day 8: Reting Monastery/Gonggar(B L D)
From Reting Monastery drive through Lhundrob and Dagze County, finally arrive at Drigong Town.
Day 9: Gonggar/Lhasa (B L D)
Drigong Monastery, Terdrom Nunerry, Hotspring
Visit Drigong Monastery, Terdrom Nunerry and Hotspring, and then drive back to Lhasa.
Day 10: Lhasa/Departure (B)
Hotel to Airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Transfer to the airport for your departure. Service ends.
Thank you for choosing China Travel Designer.
We wish you a fantastic trip and wonderful memories.
All Year Around
Mar.01,2011 - Feb.28,2013
|Your Group Size||Adult|
|2-5 persons||$ 1535|
|6-9 persons||$ 1259|
1. The above quotations are for reference and are subject to change during some Chinese festivals, holidays, and big events. You are suggested to confirm the tour price with travel advisor in such cases.
2. Due to the road conditions, weather, and availability of hotels, local guide may adjust the program accordingly.
1. Sightseeing and Entrance Fees to specified attractions;
2. All meals as specified in the itinerary, B= Breakfast; L= Chinese lunch; D= Chinese dinner;
3. Hotel accommodations and tents as listed;
4. 4X4 TOYOTA Off-road vehicle (2 cars for six people, each 3 share one) for the rest of the journey (except Lhasa) ;
5. Professional English Tour Guide;
1. China Entry Visa Fees;
2. International Airfares or Train Tickets to enter or leave China;
3. Any expenses of personal nature for e.g. tel calls, laundry, excess luggage charge, porterage, mineral water or any other services not mentioned above;
4. Travel Insurance;
5. Gratuities for guides, drivers and porters.
Find the Best Deals
Budget (per adult):
Please select destinations:
Select more destinations: